Thursday 26 July 2018

FairyLoot - July 2018 Box

Theme: Power Within


Description of the box provided by FairyLoot: 
The book we are featuring is a brilliant fantasy book where there are women who can manipulate flesh, bones, breath, and blood. We adored this story so much! The edition we will be including will be a FairyLoot exclusive as it will have SPRAYED PAGES and will actually be SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR!
This box will have items inspired by Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, And I Darken by Kiersten White, Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young and Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Even if you haven’t read any of these books you can still enjoy all of these stunning items - promise!
We are so excited to reveal that this box will have a MAGIC CERAMIC MUG! We’ve been so excited about this item!
So far we’ve revealed one supplier and that is @littleinklingsdesign! Megan has created something absolutely gorgeous for you guys - hint: it’s not a paper item!

Reasons behind why I bought this box: 
As you know from the About Us page I'm a mood reader, I do like certain genres of YA and the theme ticked one of those boxes. I didn't even carry on reading the description of the box before I went and bought it, and worse of all I didn't check my bank balance! So it's correct I bought this on inpulse, after purchasing it I thought I best start reading the description to see if I will actually like what it contains.

The description of the book didn't really entice me as much as the theme but it did seem like it would be a good read, something that would be quite different as I don't have many books with that theme.

The next thing I read was the books that inspired the box and to be truthful I had only read one of the series/booksm and that was Harry Potter. Which I'm a huge fan! I have wanted to read Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi for a while now and will eventually get round to it but other those 2 authors I'd never heard of them. So I was generally quite worried about this impulse buy. But I couldn't regret it because it was too late.

The one item they revealed I was quite happy about as I wondered what it would be, which book it would be about and secretly hoping it would be Harry Potter but then hoping it wasn't at the same time. My mind is so crazy it never settles on one thought.

I was then excited to know that one of the items was not a paper item as I am a fan of artwork but I definitely prefer the actual items that are inspird by the books.

So finally I wll get onto the actual review od the box that I recieved on Monday 23rd July.

Review: 
The first thing I came across was the magical mug which was exclusive to FairyLoot. It was designed by little inkling designs. The quote on it was:
"you must continue to believe with all your heart sometimes belief is all it takes to make something real "
-Morgan Rhodes
This quote is from Falling Kingdoms. Personally I really like this quote even though I've never read the series before, it seems quite meaningful and true to life. I've used the cup and I am not overly impressed with it, as I have to fill the cup up to the brim to fully see the quote, I don't like doing this because I have milk in my tea too, so it is slightly inconvenient for me but other people may appreicate this. The quote is also a bit too long for the cup and seems quite squashed, once again this is a personal opinion.


The next item I came across was the room spray, this was inspired by Snow Little Ashes by Sara Raasch. It was themed as Theron's study room. It was lavender scented which I'm not a huge fan of but I am getting used to it. The bottle is a reasonable size so you'll get many uses out of it. What I like most about this item is that it is vegan and cruelty free.

From this point on in the review it may seem very blunt and short as I am now angry after discovering I'm missing one of the items in the box which I would have loved.

Right, so the third item is  a vinyl sticker produced by reverie and ink it was based on the book Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. The quuote us "ond eldr" which means breathe fire. I haven't read this book so I don't really have a clue how it relates sadly but it will now live on my iPad which I use the kindle app on and write book reviews on. So really it is quite fitting.


The next item I discovered was a tea towel designed by KDP letters. There was a notice sent out before I recieved my box saying one of the items had a misprint, and this was the item. I actually don't know what the quote says on the tea towel and will post what is says. But since they are sending a second one out I can happily use the first one as it's a mistake and keep the second one on display!

And this is where my heart broke while writing this review. I discovered there was supposed to be a quidditch pen, ovbiously inspired by Harry Potter. But I don't have it! It's missing! Like seriously missing from my box, I've turned everything out, searched in the shredded paper and it's still not there. So I've sent a complaint to FairyLoot. 

**UPDATE
But now I have the pen! Thanks to FairyLoot I've just got it a week and a bit after actually recieving the box. But it was worth the wait. It is my favourite item in the box. It is a broom pen with a super amazing quote on it "don't chase the quaffle if you see the snitch" obviously inspired by Harry Potter.
Then all we have left in this box is artwork inspired by Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeymi, designed by Diana Worak. It's nice artwork but I don't appreciate it as much as I should, I'm nore of an items person.



Then we have the amazing book Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton, it has sprayed red pages and signed by the author. The cover looks amazing and underneath the sleeve the box is just as gorgeous. I personally don't like the material the sleeve is made out of because it's quite papery and when I read, I sweat with excitement so I'm worried it may get stained or discolour. I have actually just finished this book so the review will be posted shortly and I will just say OMG! A side note about this book due to it being sprayed the majority of the pages were stuck together so I had to pull them apart as I read it.


Overall this box was okay it wasn't my best but I still enjoyed it. Since I was missing an item but I recieved it, I don't think I'm going to be purchasing another one so soon.

Check out my review of Heart of Thorns.
written by Sammie


No comments:

Post a Comment