Wednesday 11 March 2020

FairyLoot - February 2020

Theme: Rulebreakers


Items: 
  • Bookish Lip Balm by Little Heart Gifts
  • Foiled Scarf by @taratjah
  • Serpent & Dove Mug by @merwildandco and @taratjah 
  • Art Print by @noverantale 
  • Luggage Tag by @bookmarkd.tattoos and @loveyoumorestudio
  • Foil Bookmarks and Stickers by @noverantale
  • Tarot Cards by @gabriella.bujdoso
  • The Shadow Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

Review: 
Check out Sammie's first impressions in the video:



I got this box thinking that it was going to be the last set of An Ember in the Ashes tarot cards, but it turns out it was a new fandom. So oh well, I have a box for no reason.

The first item on the card is the lip balm, this was strawberry prosecco flavour. I absoloutely love prosecco, so this smelt amazing to me. I hadn't read the fandom it was based off which was Wicked Saints, it isn't on my to be read list, so I honestly don't get the connection but someone will who is part of this fandom.

The next item on the card was a foiled scarf, I originally thought this was from The Cruel Prince as it gave those vibes. But it is actually based on The Sorcery of Thorns. It is a beautiful scarf and the pattern is pretty cute and cool, it's a cat sat on books with thorns going around it.

A mug was the main item in the box in my opinion apart from the book. It was based on Serpent and Dove. I never actually connected the two main characters in the book to be Serpent and Dove. Not sure if i did when I read it but I actually really can't remember. The design on the cup was actually really pretty but I did find it was a bit dark.

The next item was an art print based on the book We Hunt the Flame. I've not read this book and it's not on my TBR, so I can't really have an opinion on it apart from that I really don't like art work unless it is Harry Potter.

A luggage tag from the Lord of the Rings was in the box too, I'm actually really pleased about this item because we now have 2 luggage tags for our suitcases when we go away. So I'm super excited to use them. The design is pretty cool too and it's bright and colourful. Only thing I think it lacks is a name and address section in case it goes missing.

The next set of items was based on the Nevernight series by Jay Kristoff. It was two foil bookmarks and a sticker these were pretty cool. I didn't realise that they were a set until I read the spoiler card. I loved how they all matched together. The colours were quite bold so it made the patterns stand out.

The final item in the box was the tarot cards, these were based on Strange the Dreamer and it was Lazlo and Sarai. They looked pretty awesome but I'm not a fan of this duology. I managed book one but I could not finish Muse of Nightmares, I just felt like the series wasn't for me sadly.

The book this month came with a set of post cards, art work of the two main characters, the dust jacket had art work on the back which was pretty amazing and there was a nice foil design on the actual book under the dust jacket. The book also came signed, it just didn't have any sprayed edges or stenciled edges. But with all the other things it made it just as special. The book does sound interesting but I'm not entirely sure when I will get round to reading it as I'm so behind on books.



Written by Sammie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment