Friday 6 March 2020

All the Wandering Light (Even the Darkest Stars Series, book 2)

By Heather Fawcett


Blurb: 
After the terrifying events on Mount Raksha, the witches have returned, and River has betrayed Kamzin to regain his dark powers. The witches’ next step: march on the Three Cities and take over the Empire—led by River’s brother, Esha.

If Kamzin is to save Azmiri and prevent the destruction of the Empire, she must find a star that fell in the Ash Mountains to the north. Fallen stars have immense power, and if Kamzin and Lusha can find the star, they can use its magic to protect their homeland. To get there, Kamzin has allied with Azar-at, the dangerous and deceptive fire demon, who can grant her great power—in exchange for pieces of her soul. But River wants the star too, and as their paths collide in dangerous and unexpected ways, Kamzin must wrestle with both her guilt and her conflicted feelings for the person who betrayed her.

Facing dark magic, a perilous journey, and a standoff against the witches, can Kamzin, Lusha, and Tem find the star and save their Empire?

Review: 
I read this book straight after Even the Darkest Stars, as part of a group read along. I quite enjoyed the read along and I may try to get involved in more especially if the books are on my TBR.

So the start of this book gave us a recap of what happened within Even the Darkest Stars. And my god that scene with Ragtooth in Even the Darkest Stars had us so upset and to relive it again, waaah!

I like how we met back up with the rest of the team and how we enjoyed the full adventure of the mountains together. We got to learn the conflicts between teams and what their conspiracies were. I also really liked reading the fighting bond between the two sisters. The sisters got annoying at times though and at certain points I really wish they weren't in the book because I hated them far too much.

I do live the scene where Kamzin makes the deal with the fire demon, but like everyone else I knew that it was going to be a bad decision. But hey ho! Who am I to lecture her about bad decisions, we all make them and we learn from our mistakes.

I loved reading about Ragtooths little adventures, he is such a cheeky boy and I loved how we got to learn more about what he is and his personality. 

The different point of views that were added to part way through the book was a great touch and made it more interesting, because we got to see and feel how the others were feeling about certain events that happened within their adventure.

Kamzin's character seems to develop quite a lot throughout the book especially since she made the deal with the fire demon. She seems to have more confidence in herself and starts to believe that she is good enough even though she has been made to feel like that all of her life.

Overall, I felt like this book was a lot better wrote than the first one and the story development was really good. I loved the twists and the different point of views from characters to see how they thought of different events. I feel that all of the characters had a fair chance of developing too and seeing how their friendships developed with one another throughout the book was really good. The ending of this book was also just 100% perfect, amazing. I wish it didn't have to end but I really do feel like it was just perfect.


Favourite Character: Tim


Read: 31/01/20 - 10/02/20


4 stars out of 5


Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment