Saturday 8 February 2020

Book Box Club - January 2020 

Theme: Deadly Secrets


Items: 
  • The Good Hawk by Joseph Elliot  
  • The Pure Heart by Trudi Tweedie
  • Clubhouse Invite
  • Voldemort Magnetic Bookmark by Magic Bookmarks
  • Deadly Bath Skull by Pretty Suds
  • Mia Corvere Candle by Amelia's Kitchen Candles
  • Dracula's Castle Pouch by Iron & Ink
  • The Unforgetting Bookmark 

Review: 
Check out Sammie's first impressions in the video.

One of the items in this box was a Voldemort Magnetic Bookmark. I absolutely loved this item, it has to be one of my favourites that I've ever received in their boxes. Purely just because I love Harry Potter, so it now goes with my collection with all my dragons, my Demiguise and my Hagrid one. I've not took it out of the packet yet so I'm not sure if it is flimsy or whether it is good quality.

The next item was a deadly bath skull, it's a bath bomb in the shape of a skull. This was also pretty cool, it was berry scented. I found that it was a humongous bath bomb though and could easily do 4 baths. It's a pretty cool colour too, so I like that.
The next item was a candle by Amerlia's Kitchen based on Mia Corvere. It is a black currant and clove scented candle. It is a hot pink shade with glitter on top. It smells quite nice but I've not actually lit it yet, so not sure if the scent changes when it's burning. 


The last real item in the box apart from the books was a pouch based on Dracula's castle. I think it was included because Dracula has been airing on TV recently and he sort of fits in with the theme.
The only other item in this box was a bookmark promoting another book.
There was 2 books in the box, they were both paper backs too. I do much prefer a paperback to a hardback especially if there is no sprayed edges just because they're lighter and easier to read for me. The Good Hawk by Joseph Elliot seems to appeal to me more with the synopsis and the cover so I will be reading that one first for certain. The Good Hawk is hand-signed where as The Pure Heart is a signed bookplate which is stuck in a weird place. I personally wouldn't have stuck it there, and I'm not sure I appreciate the book box actually sticking it in all together. But that's one of those things, and obviously just my opinion.

Like I've said on past reviews for Book Box Club, there doesn't seem to be many items within these boxes, but they do seem good quality, and at the end of the day it is a cheaper alternative to FairyLoot. I think in the future they may listen more to the customers feedback and hopefully it'll be 100% worth the money. I'm sure I will get more of their boxes at some point this year.

Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment