Tuesday 21 January 2020

FairyLoot - December 2019

Theme: Defying the Odds


Items: 
  • Bookish Microfiber Cloth by @literacylifeco
  • Fire Breathing Queen Pin by @bookmarkd.tattoos 
  • Bookish Socks by FairyLoot
  • Pouch by @chattynora
  • Game of Pencils by FairyLoot
  • Magnetic Bookmarks by @pigeon.princess 
  • ARC of Wicked As You Wish by Rin Chupeco
  • Bookish Tea by @thetealeafcompany and @noverantale
  • Tarot Cards by @gabriella.bujdoso
  • Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian

Review: 
Check out Sammie's first impressions in the video.



The first item on the spoiler card was a bookish microfibre cloth, with the quote "my favourite game is called how many chapters can I read in one night". I personally really liked this item as we hadn't had one before and I loved the quote, colours and decoration of it. I know a few people weren't happy with it and I can see their point of view. But as you should know by now, I don't really like the usual items, I like the unusual quirky ones. So no wonder this fits in with what I like.

The next item was an exclusive fire breathing queen pin, inspired by the Throne of Glass series. I actually really liked this pin even though I've not read the series before so it makes a change for me. I just really loved the quote on it and I loved the whole design of it to be honest. It just felt totally different and fitted the quote perfectly.

A pouch was the third item, we seem to be getting quite a lot of these in boxes recently, and I really don't have a use for them. So this wasn't a good item in my opinion, I'd like something a bit different that we've not had for a while. This pouch was inspired by the series Red Rising by Pierce Brown. The design of it is quite nice and different and I also like the size of it but other than that that's all I like about it. 

Socks were the next item in this box, I actually quite like them eventhough I've not read the series, I like the colours and I also really like that they are long because it means I can wear them to work and not get blisters on my shins. I've not wore them yet to know whether they are comfy but they do feel like it. I also like the red and black combination it makes the design stand out that bit more.

The next item were the Game of Thrones pencils, I'm not a fan of pencils purely because I don't use them. I do like how they are a set of different colours and they all had different quotes on them. But I just don't think they are an appropriate item to have in a box without a notebook or a journal. If it had one of these other items then I don't think I would have minded the pencils. I have also just noticed when looking back on the pencils that they are Christmas coloured so they fit in with the December box more.

This item was my favourite of the entire box, it was magnetic bookmarks inspired by Skyward by Brandon Sanderson. I love this series so much so it's really nice to have my favourite characters as bookmarks. There is Spensa, Doomslug and a Krell ship, so it is really cool in my eyes. And I have actually started using the magnetic bookmarks a lot more.

A sachet of bookish tea was the last item in the box apart from the books and the tarot cards. I always love a hot drink, no matter what it is. I've not tried it yet sadly because I got a load of hot chocolate and teas for Christmas, so I'm trying those out at the moment but all of FairyLoot's drinks so far I have liked, so I have high hopes that I will like this one.

The tarot cards for Decembers box are of a new fandom, they are from An Ember in the Ashes which Lauren and I are currently buddy reading. I like the series so I will definitely be keeping the tarot cards this month and collecting the next 2 months. I like the design of the Helene and Elias, I feel like the artist has portrayed them in just the right way.

In this box we did received an advanced reading copy of Wicked As You Wish by Rin Chupecoc. It sounds good and I do plan on reading it before it does come out and there's a high chance on that. I also like that the ARC came with an author letter and a signed bookplate, it makes it that bit extra special as you don't usually get one unless it's for the main book.

Now onto the main book, which is Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian. It sounds like it will be a good book and I love the exclusive reverse dust jacket, it adds that bit edge to the book and makes me more excited to read it. I hope to read it in the first half of the year but I have so many FairyLoot books to catch up on, it's quite unbelievable I used to read them straight away, I don't know what happened. Maybe I got too many and got in a slump.
Written by Sammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment