Monday 4 November 2019

Indigo Alloy (Mixologists and Pirates Series, book 6)

By Frost Kay


Blurb: 
Fact 417 - Kidnapping was not sexy.

The old Earth romances had it wrong. Being captured by an attractive elfin alien was anything but glamourous. It was slave labor with a pinch of harassment. But Allie Sai wouldn't take anyone's gruff, even if it meant challenging the scariest man she'd ever met, erm.. alien.

Fact 359 - Southern belles never played by the rules.

Poker was always her game of choice, so it was fitting that to take down Sloven and win her freedom, Allie had to take a chance and do the impossible - destroy the King's criminal empire and get out without dying. Simple, right? If only.

Fact 205 - Luck had a funny way of changing when you least expected it.

It was just one trick...

Review: 
This is the last book in the series sadly, but it follows straight on from the last book. I've waited so long for this book and I'm so glad I have it now. The series was just amazing and I'm slightly upset that it is over for now...

I've loved following Allie Sae and her adventures. I feel in this book, her character developed a lot, especially in the situations that she has been in. At the same time, I feel sorry for her as all the trouble seems to happen to her and I can't believe she is still standing in one piece.

In this book, she gets kidnapped and discovers a lot of new things that makes her think twice. This really spices up the book and makes you think of what will happen between her and her new friends. You wonder if she is actually going to stay friends with them or if they will fall apart. 

There is a lot of action within this book which makes it fast paced. I also love how the same characters are also within this book as it makes it feel more complete. My most favourite part was when she discovered the alien turtle. That moment was just so cute and I actually laughed out loud.

I am also so pleased that the relationship between Allie and Blade has developed they are definitely the best couple I have come across in a long time.

The ending was actually heart breaking but I actually loved the book on a whole. As well as the full series. If you like sci-fi, a little bit of romance and comedy then this series is 100% for you.

Favourite Character: Allie Sae

Read: 21/10/19 - 23/10/19

5 stars out of 5
Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment