Tuesday 15 October 2019

Rage (Stormheart, book 2)

By Cora Carmack


Blurb: 
Princess or adventurer.

Duty or freedom.

Her Kingdom or the Stormhunter she loves.

If Aurora knows anything, it's that choices have consequences. To set things right, she joins a growing revolution on the streets of Pavan.

In disguise as the rebel Roar, she puts her knowledge of the palace to use to aid the rebellion. But the Rage season is at its peak and not a day passes without the skies raining down destruction. Yet these storms are different—they churn with darkness, and attack with a will that’s desperate and violent.
This feels like more than rage.

Review: 
This book was pretty amazing, just lacked adventure for the majority of the book. And I am so pleased that I only just read Roar last month so I've not had to wait long for this book.

I originally thought that his book was going to be the last one and it was only going to be a duology but then when I was about 6 chapters from the end I discovered there's a 3rd book coming out next year and I already has it's name, 'Reign' and a cover which is beautiful. So I kind of expected the book to end on a cliff-hanger.

So onto the actual book, the story line is good. It's following on straight from the first book and the relationships between all the characters develop drastically and new friendships are formed. So generally this book meets expectations. The reason why it is rated 4 stars is because the majority of the action happened in the second half of the book, so it was quite a slow start. But for once it didn't actually make me want to put it down and stop reading which is something.

Aurora has joined the group of Storm hunters, they still aren't aware of who she is which is good for her. There are multiple times within this book where she could have been found out but some how she managed to still keep her secret. You can definitely tell that she has feelings for Kiran and he has for her which is really cute because it's one of those subtle relationships developing. I feel that Roar's character has developed more on the other characters I can see how the friendship has developed which is super nice. The only thing that annoys me about her is that she does not think plans through and just goes straight into doing them. But I guess that's why the book is so fun and unpredictable on the majority. 

I still really dislike Cassius but I'm starting to come to round to him especially with that ending. He is just one of those characters I think that some authors like to include. Really horrible, selfish ones that actually have reasons behind the way they act.

Another thing that I loved about this book is that it was including a 3rd point of view of this one young boy who could talk to the spirits which was 13 years earlier, it felt super amazing when it finally clicked who it actually was. I only realised about 40% through so I was quite late in this discovery sadly, but it was still really nice to come across it.

The relationship between Nova and Jinx seems like it has potential for them to actually become girlfriends because I think those are the feelings Nova has towards her but then also at the same time it may just be them getting closer to each other as they have experienced similar.

So overall, this book was amazing and definitely worth the read. I just really want book 3 to be here now.

Favourite Character: Jinx

Read: 01/10/19 - 08/10/19

4 stars out of 5

written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment