Tuesday 8 October 2019

FairyLoot - September 2019

Theme: Witches Be Crazy


Items: 
  • Canvas Tote Bag by @bandofweirdos
  • Deck of Cards by @obsidiayan and @crookedyew
  • Fluffy Witch Socks by FairyLoot
  • Not Your Basic Witch Enamel Pin by thatslovelydearshop
  • Cauldron Bath Bomb by @littleheartgifts
  • Metal Straws 
  • Sticky Notepad by FairyLoot
  • Exclusive Tarot Cards by @loweana.art
  • Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin

Review: 
Once again I will be doing this review from the spoiler card rather than following the same order that I discovered them in. If you want to see true first reactions then please check out the video unboxing. 

The first item on the card is the canvas tote bag. This item seemed like it was bigger than other totes and the material was different, I actually preferred the material of this tote compared to other totes that have been in past boxes. The item was also just dedicated to witches, the print was very colourful and all of the small items that were part of the print I see as witches items. The colours are really pretty and all went go each other so being truthful it is a good item, I just wish they included a tote with some Velcro.

The next item that was in the box was a deck of cards, these were awesome. They had shiny silver edges and the Queens, Kings and Jacks were based on characters from the following series: Charmed, Sabrina the Witch, Throne of Glass and the featured book Serpent and Dove. The cards were a really cool item to have included and to have them contain multiple fandoms was just a bonus. The only downside was that I have only ever really watched Charmed, I've not not read any of the books. I will get round to Serpent and Dove eventually, so I can relate to those characters too. Also the actual box also had a really cool design on it with skulls.

The next item was a pair of fluffy witch socks. I absolutely loved them and they were the first item that I actually used. I put them straight on my feet after the unboxing. I have worn them near enough every night since, they are super warm and cozy. I also love the length of them as they are like ankle socks but just slightly longer so it is a nice length. The actual design of them fitted in with the witches theme as they always portrayed wearing stripe socks and they had little witches hats on the side. But typical witches socks in my eyes are knee high socks. I don't know if that is just my opinion though.

An enamel pin was next, I don't usually like pins unless it is a fandom I love. But I feel like I like this one quite a lot, I'm not sure why, possibly because it had witches and coffee in the style of a Starbucks coffee. Which was really cool, I loved the design and I am definitely not your basic witch.

The cauldron bath bomb was another item, this item did spill over the majority of my items. The actual design of it was pretty cool, it's just a shame it never had a lid and I lose some of the bomb. The other thing is I have discovered that the cauldron does not dissolve either, this would have been a really cool feature but since it's not it will just make pretty cool props for photos if you are into that sort of thing. The smell of the bath bomb was also really weak in my opinion it could have had more of a intern spiced smell. Something like cinnamon or pumpkin.

The tarot cards were from the shatter me series, haven’t read this series and I don’t think I plan to. So been honest they have no meaning or value to me. I appreciate that the art is the same as the others and I like the design I just wish I knew who the characters actually were.


The second final item before the book is metal straws, these had design on them that looked like splattered paint and they also had a word on each; "magic" and "witch". I much preferred the colour and design of these compared to the galaxy straws. But then at the same time I preferred how the galaxy straws had several options for the style of straw you'd like to use. Also another thing that I'd lke with a straw is for it to be collapsible so that you don't have to have a certain length bag to fit them in, where as if they are collapsible it can fit in your pocket.

The last item was a sticky notepad, this was so cool because it was inspired by Harry Potter and the character Luna. The design had her signature glasses and a quote that said "you're just as sane as I am", I thought this was really cool, and I actually really enjoyed this item, and it will definitely be used in my house as we are always forgetting stuff.

The final item was obviously the book, this was Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin. The cover of this book was quite simplistic but the snake was the bold point of the book as it was used as the &. The colour of the title and the actual pages matched each other. They were a lovely shimmery gold colour which stood out a lot. Then there was a hidden cover on the dust jacket which showed the characters at a ball, so I'll look forward to actually reading the book.






Written by Sammie.
Check out Sammie's review of Serpent & Dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment