Tuesday 22 October 2019

A Perfect Society (Skin Trials Series, book 0.25) 

By S.Y. Humphrey


Blurb: 
In the near future, we survive devastating hurricanes that pound the southern United States. We try to return to normal. Only, the flood waters harbor flesh-eating bacteria. Suddenly, every American must scan into a new digital government, called Perfect Society.

Officials say it’s designed “to protect us.” But soon, normal life descends to chaos. Civility disappears in the food and medicine riots.

That’s when I learn my father is concealing someone on our farm- a genetic scientist. He possesses a cure, a gene-changing formula the new government of Perfect Society does not want citizens to have.

Blood-soaked strangers sneak through our footpaths in the middle of the night.

What is the outbreak? A force of nature? A catastrophe beyond our control? Or a scheme far more sinister?

Just as I find answers, the true threat crashes our home.

Now I am one of the few left to protect this cure.

This science fiction apocalyptic novella is a story in the Skin Trials series. 

Review: 
I received this novella for a honest review. Overall, her book was great and well portrayed. 

The story-line of this book was really good and something I'd love to read more of. It is set in America where there is tornado's and storms quite a lot, they then go out to the store to get more groceries which is when they discover the government has started a new process where you have to scan yourself and get your identity registered for your closest store to stop diseases from spreading.

There are several things that the government does within this book that actually makes me think this could definitely happen in the future. I also love that her father is a secret agent, this was a nice plot twist to the story and made it the main story-line in the end. So I hope the actual series is like this.

I felt the characters within the book made a great development but the only thing that still really gets on my nerves is how Pepper calls her mother and father, mammy and daddy sometimes. I just don't think it really suits her age or her personality, I don't know anyone where then they were that age, call their parents those names.

There is some slight romance within this novella but nothing drastic and nothing that develops yet. I hope it does in away because I think they will make a great couple but then with our latest discovery I'm not too sure how I'd feel about it.

I feel this book on whole was excellent and definitely worth the read as it was fast paced. The only thing that made me rate it down was the mammy and daddy calling.

Favourite Character: Jonah


Read: 17/10/19


4 stars out of 5

written by Sammie
Check out Sammie's review of Book 1: Skin Trials
Check out Sammie's review of Book 0.5: The Perfect Fight

No comments:

Post a Comment