Wednesday 25 September 2019

Owlcrate - September 2019

Theme: Fear the Night


Items: 
  • Scare-amel Corn Coffee by Bones Coffee  
  • Something Wicked Comes This Way Art Print by Anne Lambelet
  • Fingerless Gloves by Owlcrate 
  • Frankenstein Trinket Dish by Stella Bookish Art
  • The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
  • The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones
  • Monthly Enamel Pin by Label and Spells

Review: 
This is my first Owlcrate box and I doubt it will be my last. I did really enjoy the box, I found items to be good quality and on this occasion I got 2 books which is a nice plus. The theme of this box was Fear the Night, so clearly a very Halloween box.

The first item I found in the box was skull fingerless gloves. They looked cool, really nice feeling and just seemed good quality. I kind of wished they had fingers as I do prefer my gloves to have them but I can understand why they hadn’t so that the gloves will fit all. I do like them, although in a month that isn’t October they will look quite goth. That’s just expected though with a Halloween themed box.
Owlcrate I believe usually contain coffee or hot chocolate in their boxes. I don’t like coffee so I hoped for hot chocolate. Sadly it was coffee, but I’m not going to rate the box less because of it because I was aware of the risk. This coffee was an exclusive caramel corn flavour, which isn’t a flavour I’ve heard of in the UK but I assumed it had something to do with Candy Corn. My sister tried it though and she didn’t find it that nice, she couldn’t really taste much flavour so she added pumpkin spice to it.

I would say my favourite item was the trinket dish. It just is so pretty and seems like such good quality. I’m currently using it for a place to put my earrings. I just loved the design and unexpectedly needed one.

The first book I found was The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. This book is the book that the Netflix Original TV series of the same name is based on. I haven’t watched the series, I heard it was really scary so decided against it. However, I will read the book and if I enjoyed that then I will watch the series, I might even review it like I did with Ready Player One movie.

There was an art print in this box, it does look nice but I’m not too bothered about art, especially as an item.


Owlcrate always include a pin in their box. I like pins and I have a few pin flags to fill, so I’m happy to get one. This pin represents the book of the box and is a skull with glow in the dark flowers. It’s really pretty and it makes a nice addition to my collection.

The main book of this box was The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones. It sounds really interesting and a bit creepy, so I look forward to reading it. The book was signed and came with a bookmark and authors letter. The book has an exclusive cover and it looks like it is different from the normal book as the cover is white instead of black. I quite like this change.

Overall, I do really like this box. It didn’t take long to arrive once receiving the dispatch email, it was only a few days. The box was good quality and I would buy from them again. It was a bit more for the box compared to FairyLoot and Illumicrate because of the shipping but it wasn’t drastic and it was worth it.

 Rating: 4 rune out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment