Tuesday 3 September 2019

LitJoy - August 2019

Theme: Dressed for Deception


Items: 
  • Sleeping Beauty Zipper Pouch by @thiswhimsme  
  • Cinderella Sewing Socks 
  • "Who is the fairest of them all" Pin Banner 
  • Fashion Phrase Pencils 
  • Effie Trinket Pocket Mirror by Soo Kim
  • LitJoy Collectors Trading Cards by Niru.sky
  • A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause
Review: 
This is my first Litjoy box and the theme is Dressed for Deception. It mentioned to have items based on The Hunger Games and a few Disney Princesses. Therefore, it wasn’t a hard decision to buy it. This was also my first american book box, so it was a bit more costly for delivery and I ended up paying £12.80 customs for it. 

First item I will talk about is the zipper pouch. I really liked the design of it and the size. I decide to swap this with my makeup bag and put the pencils I will talk about later in my old makeup bag as this new one is much bigger.

One of my favourite items is the socks. I love getting socks in boxes, you can never have enough socks.I love these socks. The colours are great and I love the cinderella sewing mice theme.

An item I really appreciated the design of the pin banner. It is very clearly inspired by the mirror in snow white. I have a few pin banners though, so it’ll take a while for me to start putting pins on it. But it is definitely my favourite owned pin banner because of the design concept. Although this box did have a mirror so maybe that would have been more fitting.

In this box was a set of mainly blue pencils with little phrases such as ‘yas queen’. I like these pencils, I’ve been needing to buy some so now I at least don’t need blue ones. They also have rubbers on the top which is good. I’ll make use of them one day.

My other favourite item is The Hunger Games inspired mirror. I recently lost my pocket mirror so this has came at the right time. I love the design of very clearly Effie Trinket, one of my favourite characters from the series. I also like how it has a mirror on both sides inside. This will definitely come in handy on night outs. 

I wasn’t aware that like FairyLoot, Litjoy has collectable trading cards. The design of these are really pretty and look like playing cards. The big thing I like is the colours.These cards are based on A Court of Thorns and Roses, a series I ashamely haven’t read yet. However, I do appreciate the cards and love how they are small for some reason. I’ll appreciate more when I’ve read the series.

The book in this box was A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause. It is classed as a historical contemporary fashion. Now I love historical books but not a fan of contemporarys so we shall see how much I enjoy it. As for the book itself, Litjoy have done an original dust jacket artwork which is really pretty. It has also been signed by the author and artwork that created an exclusive tip-in page that I love by Kathryn Adara.

Overall, I did like this box but it’s no more special than FairyLoot or Illumicrate, so I’d rather subscribe to one of them for the cheaper delivery/custom charges to make the cost worth it. However, if I do get a book box subscription and don’t like the theme one month and decide to skip it then I would consider Litjoy as a one of purchase.

Rating: 4 rune out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment