Friday 30 August 2019

The Call of Cthulhu 

By H.P. Lovecraft


Blurb: 
One of the feature stories of the Cthulhu Mythos, H.P. Lovecraft's 'the Call of Cthulhu' is a harrowing tale of the weakness of the human mind when confronted by powers and intelligences from beyond our world.

Review: 
I read this book as part of my resit for my OWLS, I needed an adult book that I could read in a day, and I'd been recommended H.P. Lovecraft recently so thought I'd give it a go. 

Pleased to say I did actually enjoy the book, it really wasn't my usual thing but it was good. The style of writing was totally different and I did struggle to start of with but I started to get the hang of it when I was coming to the end of the story sadly.

This short story is about the whole mystery, discovery and sightings of Cthulhu, I personally have never discovered the myth of Cthulhu and I think it is purely down because I don't really read horrors or any thrillers. But now that I am aware of this whole world, I am willing to read more of these sort of stories and I will definitely try and finish H.P. Lovecraft's works. 


Read: 31/07/19 - 01/08/19


4 stars out of 5


Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment