Friday 26 July 2019

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child Play

By J.K Rowling


Review: 
So as you know, I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and I recently reread the play for The Cursed Child part 1 and part 2. Well for my birthday, my husband surprised me with tickets to go and see the actual play. I say surprised, I asked him for 2 things, one was these tickets and the other a new locket.

There will be no secrets for The Cursed Child play spoiled within this review, I will try and make this quite general on how the actual effects were, so if anyone does want to go and see it they can and still have all of the magical effects as a surprise.

So the actors and actresses that played the main characters of Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco, Ginny, Albus, Rose, and Scorpious were really good, they had the correct mannerisms of the characters and the right personality. When they first came on stage I was actually quite shocked. I am not a racist person but I was not expecting Hermione to be black, but being truthful I think it was really amazing how they actually hired her to be Hermione. It shows that the screenwriters aren't racist and that they actually go on the acting skills and personality, which is a huge step in the correct direction for this country. What I also loved about Hermione was that she was just as stubborn as she was in the actual films. And then when they went back in time and she changed it was just perfect. 

I found Scorpious at times quite annoying when acting where as in the play book I didn't. I don't know what made me dislike him I just think it was his character coming across. The appearance and everything suited him but I think he was just trying that touch too hard. The other main characters like I said earlier on just matched their roles perfectly and I loved every bit of them as a whole.

The actual performance and the special effects that were carried out throughout the play was just amazing. I loved how there was new things added near enough every scene. The music to the actual play was just perfect for the moments that it played. Also all the 'magic' that was carried out in the play was spot on, I really couldn't fault it. 

I loved all the costumes and the different style of clothes that they wore, not like it changed much from when they were children. And it was really nice seeing some of the older characters being played. One part that really did impress me was the dementors, they actually were quite scary and if I was a witch at Hogwarts I really would have crapped my pants.

Overall the performance, acting, special effects, character allocation, music and scene changes was just 5*. I really thought that since it had been out so long now that it would be really good and you know what it was. It was really amazing and well worth the money. I just really wish that I'd went to see it a lot sooner. So if you are a huge fan of Harry Potter then I would definitely recommend you go and see this play. You don't have to had read the screenplay to enjoy this play.


Favourite Character: Albus Potter


5 stars out of 5

Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment