Tuesday 16 July 2019

Ghosts of the Shadow Market

By Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan and Robin Wasserman


Blurb: 
The Shadow Market is a meeting point for faeries, werewolves, warlocks and vampires. There the Downworlders buy and sell magical objects, make dark bargains, and whisper secrets they do not want the Nephilim to know. Through two centuries, however, there has been a frequent visitor to the Shadow Market from the City of Bones, the very heart of the Shadowhunters. As a Silent Brother, Brother Zachariah is sworn keeper of the laws and lore of the Nephilim. But once he was a Shadowhunter called Jem Carstairs, and his love, then and always, is the warlock Tessa Gray.

Follow Brother Zachariah and see, against the backdrop of the Shadow Market’s dark dealings and festive celebrations, Anna Lightwood’s first romance, Matthew Fairchild’s great sin and Tessa Gray plunged into a world war. Valentine Morgenstern buys a soul at the Market and a young Jace Wayland’s soul finds safe harbor. In the Market is hidden a lost heir and a beloved ghost, and no one can save you once you have traded away your heart. Not even Brother Zachariah...

Review: 
I feel like I needed this book, and it's sort of helped me get out of my reading slump. I found this book a lot better than The Red Scrolls of Magic and nearly up to her usual standard of writing, I wouldn't say it's fully her usual writing standard but it's close. It's way better than The Red Scrolls of Magic, The Bane Chronicles and slightly better than The Dark Artifices series but not as good as The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments.

Now on to the actual review. So this book is made up of several different stories which are wrote by Cassandra Clare and other authors. They are based on Jem who is on the front cover when he is a silent brother and when he is no longer a silent brother. It's been a while since I read these books so I can't remember how or why Jem is no longer a silent brother so for someone who is really good at remembering may enjoy these books a lot more.

Out of all the books my favourite one is Learn About Loss and my least favourite one is possibly the second one, Every Exquisite Thing.

I'll talk about the whole book rather than the individual books as that is how I've rated it.

So this book was wrote really well, the pace was really good and kept you wanting to read. The only thing was at certain points in certain books not much was happening so it did get slow but it was still a really good read.

There was a lot of details reading through the book that I'd totally forgotten about and it was pretty awesome how you got to read the different point of view of how events occurred. It was also really sweet to read things from Jem's point of view and getting to know more of his personality. I found him a really nice character in the other books and was one of my favourites, but now reading things from his point of view shows you how he actually cares for the other people that he meets. 

This book was really good because each individual story was about a set of characters sometimes these characters appeared in other stories but it was a different event happening so it was really nice to read. I also liked how sometimes they were set at different times within the shadowhunter world when different characters are alive and stuff, which I found really nice. I also liked reading about Jem's struggles that he has had to face.

I love reading about Kit's life when Ty goes to the Scholomance and the problems their friendship face. I thought it was quite realistic and I enjoyed all the adventures within these books.

Being truthful I just loved the whole thing, it was 100% worth the read at every minute of the day. It was just perfect reading about several characters interactions all within one book, all the different adventures and problems that were faced. It was just so lovely that they were all tied under one book. The only thing that put me off was that there was no chapters within the smaller books, and I'm not a fan of big chapters as it is.

If you are a fan of Cassandra Clare's books then I would definitely recommend that you read this big book there's only 10 small books within it.


Favourite Character: Obviously Jem, it's about him 


Read: 10/06/19 - 05/07/19


5 stars out of 5

Written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment