Friday 28 June 2019

Book Box Club - June 2019

Theme: Witches in the Woods


Items: 
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths by Deirdre Sullivan  
  • Tangleweed and Brine by Deirdre Sullivan
  • Forbidden Forest Mug with artwork by Moledro Craft Co
  • Mamo's Herbal Hand Cream by Pretty Little Treats
  • Sabrina Coaster with artwork by Beatrice Joy Velasco
  • Caramel Marshmallows by Ananda Foods
  • Other artwork
Review: 
This is my first time ordering from Book Box Club, I will try and keep this review similar to my reviews of FairyLoot boxes but there may be some differences. The price of this box is cheaper than FairLoot hence why I decided to give it a go as I'm trying to find a decent box that will save me money but still helps my addiction to books.


First of all the colour of the box was gorgeous as I love turquoise, I also love how the box was packed it was really neat. The one thing that all book boxes seem to have is that pointless shredded paper that just gets everywhere and this box had it.

The main book is always neatly wrapped in nice paper with a silver bow attached which 
is a really sweet little touch on the box, and there was an envelope with my name on it to join the read along thing. So those nice little personal touches made this box that little bit more, knowing that I wasn't just one of a huge number ordering a box. I know FairyLoot have grown drastically and they have packers now, but this from Book Box just made it that extra special.

The theme for this box was Witches in the Woods, and it came with 2 books, one is a new release and the other is an older book but from the same author. So that also another good thing, as if you liked one book you can read another book by the same author straight away you don't have to save up or anything for another book. This was a perk but then this was also a downside because I like having 2 different authors but I think that's just cause I'm used to it.

The first book (one not wrapped up) was Tangleweed and Brine. It sound like a good read with a mixture of fairy tales, which I will hopefully get round to reading one day because I'm still in a stupid reading slump. I honestly promise I will get out of it one day this year. The cover design was really pretty too and I loved that there was so much detail.

The second book which is the main book was called Perfectly Preventable Deaths. This also seems like a really good read, twins moving house and discovering they have powers. Like I want to know more, what powers, magical powers or just reading minds. Either way it would be awesome to have some sort of powers. So I'm super excited to read this at some point in the near future. The design again is so pretty and unique. I've seen that sort of glass thing before and just to stick everything inside it is such a weird idea but it just makes the book perfect.

With the books neither of them were signed and both were paperback, it did come with one book plate. All of these points are disappointing for me because I'm used to getting hardback books, or if there's 2 books in a box one hardback and one paperback, I'm also used to both them coming signed or at least one signed and one with a book plate. But for both to come not signed and just one book plate is a little disappointing for me. Like how am I supposed to decide on which book gets the book plate. Maybe I'm just being a bit too picky and harsh but I guess I'm not used to this.

There was also a piece of art within this box that had the same design as the main book which was pretty so you can just put it on your wall, but as you know by now art work is not a good thing for me, I hate it. I find it just pointless sadly but each to their own.

The next item was a post card with an inspirational quote on which is actually quite meaningful and I really like it. But I wouldn't use it.

There was a coaster included in this box for the perfect cup of tea or hot chocolate while you enjoy reading. It is based on Sabrina the witch I believe. It is a really pretty design and well made and it is nice that it has colour too.

There was vegan marshmallows included in this box which was a huge bonus point. I didn't realise they were vegan until Lauren pointed out. I was so sad at first thinking I was going to ruin being vegan just to eat some marshmallows. But my god they were so yummy, I was supposed to leave some for my husband to try but oops! The company that does these marshmallows also do a wide range of vegan treats, which I'm going to be checking out especially the Wagon Wheels and getting more marshmallows. 

There was also hand cream within this box which was mamos magical hand cream, it smells really nice, I'm not sure if it is vegan, it has no rabbit on the back, and this is my first time getting the box. So I won't be using the item. It does smell really nice though and the design on the lid is such a lovely purple. 

There was also a tin mug included in this box which was inspired by Harry Potter. It has the forbidden forest on the front which is so cool, I won't actually be using this mug I will just be displaying it. But it's actually my first Harry Potter cup which I'm so happy about.

This box overall is quite mixed opinions really, some things have good points and some things have bad points. There doesn't seem to be many items in the box compared to FairyLoot, but there is less artwork compared to FairyLoot. The other thing that slightly upsets me as well is that the books aren't really exclusive or any different to the standard ones so that's a down point.

I think the only time that I would potentially get this box again is if they did a theme I really loved. The service of the company was amazing, I couldn't fault them but I just don't think it's the box for me. It is worth the money though which is a good point but it doesn't seem as filled as FairyLoot.



Written by Sammie.
Check out Sammie's review of Tangleweed and Brine.
Check out Sammie's review of Perfectly Preventable Deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment