Tuesday 16 April 2019

FairyLoot - March 2019

Theme: Unbreakable Bonds

Items: 
  • Colourful Scarf by Cara Kozik 
  • Bookish Socks by FairyLoot
  • Bookworm Page Tabs by FairyLoot
  • Metal Bookmark by KDP Letters
  • FairyLoot Anniversary Enamel Pin by FairyLoot
  • 3 Art Prints by @morgana0anagrom
  • Viper by Bex Hogan
  • To Best The Boys by Mary Weber
Review: 
So I was so excited for this box to actually turn up as it was their 3rd anniversary box. But when I got it my opinion of it was quite low.

To start with, it was a purple box like it always is for their anniversary, and the actual box had a chunk missing out of the front. But I wasn't too bothered about that as I don't really keep the boxes.

The first item that I discovered in the box was the spoiler card and then a pair of socks. These socks were based on Alice in Wonderland. I have already worn them, they are a great material that is comfy, but they're actually quite tight on your feet and I'm only a size 5, so I'm quite surprised with this to be honest.

The next item I discovered was another fabric item a scarf. The first thing I noticed with this was that it was clicked in several places, which I found really disappointing. The actual scarf was a nice light material and when I looked at the books that were within the drawings of the scarf, I noticed it had a lot of my favourite books on so I was really happy about it. I plan on using it as wall art rather than a scarf so when I eventually get round to getting my replacement and putting it on the wall, I'll make sure that I take a photo and update this review for you guys.

Bookworm page tabs were the next item I discovered. These were definitely something I was not expecting to get in a box, I know other boxes have included them in the past and maybe they will be good to point out certain things to a friend if you lent them your book, so you can see if they have the same feeling about scene within the book. I personally wouldn't use them because I hate the idea of sticking something actually in a book no matter the reason.

The 4th item that was within this box was a metal bookmark based on the book Strange the Dreamer. The colour of it was gold and it was so pretty, and then the quote on it was also super cute along with the design. I also liked how they included a blue tassel attached to the bookmark to represent the colour of the book. I personally wouldn't use these because I'd be worried that if the tassels caught on something then I'd lose my page, which I'd be super annoyed about. 

The FairyLoot 3rd year box also included a enamel pin to celebrate. This was a purple design with the FairyLoot logo on. It was quite pretty but I don't really collect badges and stuff so I didn't find it useful or something I'd want in the box. But that's just my opinion each to their own.

The next few items were all art based on prints. We had 3 main art prints and two tarot cards. The tarot cards were based on the fandom six of crows. Which I still haven't read yet, but will get round to it eventually, I found these to be a lot better coloured than the previous series of ACOTAR. The 3 art prints were based on the following books: Warcross, The Cruel Prince and An Ember in the Ashes. The prints were pretty and the drawings of the characters is how I imagined them in a way. I've only read a part of The Cruel Prince and all of the Ember in the Ashes trilogy so I found these really pretty. But like I've said before I don't really have a use of art work unless it is on a useful item. This opinion will be different to others, oh well.
Within this box there was two books, the main book was To Best All The Boys by Mary Weber. This book was signed and had sprayed edges, the colour of the pages was like a dull green/silver. It was quite a nice colour and I found it went really well with the actual cover of the book. The only thing that I found disappointing was that my dust jacket of this book was ripped, but they are replacing it so I can't really complain. I have also already read this book and my review of it should be up shortly. It is a good read but not my favourite and I'm not too sure if I'd read the second one if a second one comes out.
The second book was called Viper by Bex Hogan. This cover was also super pretty, with its silver, gold, and blue colours. I have started to read this book and should hopefully be finished shortly. It is a paperback and signed. I love getting 2 books in the boxes because it makes it definitely worth my money even if I don't like the actual items of the box.

So overall, I didn't really like this box, and have only really kept and enjoyed 3 items, the socks and the two books. I know other people have liked the box more than me so everyone's opinion is different on it. I will be getting more boxes in the future but it's just getting a bit disheartening not loving the boxes and getting damaged, misspelled, or missing items. I've got a subscription at the moment I will possibly see how the next 4 month boxes are before I make a full informed decision.



Written by Sammie
Check out Sammie's review of To Best the Boys
Check out Sammie's review of Viper


No comments:

Post a Comment