Monday 4 March 2019

Emerald Bane (Mixologists and Pirates, book 2)

By Frost Kay

Blurb: 
Never say never. 

After surviving a pirate attack on her airship, Allie believes life will get better. It had to, right? 

Wrong, dead wrong. 

One little act of vengeance destroys her world, and leaves her as the prime suspect in a murder and theft. If she can't prove her innocence and recreate what was stolen... well, life will be very short. 

It was just one mistake...

Review: 
This is the second book in the mixologists and pirates series and I'm pleased to say I found it much better. The first book ended on a cliff hanger and carries on straight away in this book. So I am pleased that I have not had to wait for this book and that I was able to read it after book 1, if I wasn't able to then I would have been really annoyed.

Within this book Allie and her friend Jer have started their new jobs on this new planet that they have been delivered to. Everything is going okay until an Av comes in and spots Allie.

The story was really well developed and it was really nice to see the characters getting a bit more personality. I can't really fault any of them at the moment and I am actually enjoying all of the characters for once, which is really strange for me. The Av people/race are really strange but it's something I'd expect from a sci-fi book.

I'll try not to go into too much detail about this scene but when Allie was taken by the Av I thought that her character was properly developed and that she was appearing as knowledgeable and a strong-headed female as she knew what she was doing and that certain things they were doing were wrong. I also liked how she put other people first.

The ending of book 2 was a lot better even though it was still a cliff hanger it was a lot more forward and fitting. I think this whole series is going to be great if I'm truthful. I'm still slightly disappointed on the size of the books but I think that just makes me appreciate it a lot more.


Favourite Characters: Allie Sae


Read: 06/01/19 - 07/01/19


5 stars out of 5
written by Sammie
Check out Sammie's review of Book 3: Scarlet Venom


No comments:

Post a Comment