Tuesday 19 February 2019

FairyLoot - January 2019

Theme: Unbreakable Bonds

Items: 
  • Raven Crew Cushion Cover by Monolimeart and KDP Letters
  • Will & Jem Candle by Geeky Clean
  • Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate by The Tea Leaf Co
  • Fellowship Friendship Woodmark by Ink and Wonder Designs
  • Lip Balm by Book and Nook
  • Dregs Hair Band by Fiction Tea Designs
  • Tarot Trading Cards by FairyLoot
  • Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
Review: 
I decided to get this box because I love Cassandra Clare, Lord of the Rings and Kendare Blake. I also have Six of Crows on my to read list, which I will hopefully get round to reading this year at some point. I also got this box because it was announced that there would be a cushion cover included which I've never got before and I thought it was fitting because we are due to move to our new house any time soon. 

When I opened the box the first item that I came across was the cushion cover. I like the quote but I wasn't too keen on the picture design on the other side. I possibly won't end up using this cover but I'll think about it and decide on how my new study and reading corner feels and looks like to see whether it would be suitable. The actual cushion sizes nice and I feel it is a decent size especially for a bum or head while reading. The cushion cover was inspired by The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

The next item that I came across was the Will & Jem candle. I really liked this item but in a way I wished that the Cassandra Clare item wasn't the candle and that it was the cushion cover but never mind. The candle scent itself I didn't really like maybe it will smell better once it is actually burning. I also thought the colour of it wasn't really appealing and didn't suit the characters at all. 

This next item I was warned to open it gently but I wasn't sure what it actually was, I realise it says on the tin but you should know by now I don't read these things and I never read the spoiler card until I've looked at all the items. This item was salted caramel hot chocolate. This sounds super yummy considering I've just got myself addicted to caramel coffee beans. It smells really nice too and it's nice to have another chocolate flake rather than powder one. The hot chocolate is inspired by Lia and Pauline's friendship in The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. I also really like how this is vegan friendly especially since it arrived in veganary, it's just really fitting. 


The Lord of the Rings item was slightly disappointing as it was a woodmark, this was inspired by Sam and Frodo's friendship. The design of it was really nice though but my only worry is with this woodmark and any woodmark is that the colours will leak onto my book pages.

FairyLoot must have been stalking me and seen how dry my lips were because the next item was lip balm, which was inspired by Three Dark Crowns and the friendship between Jules and Arsinoe. I thought this was quite nice I've not actually opened it yet to see what the colour or the smell/flavour is. I'm hoping maybe a lemon grass with a hint of raspberry.

The final item apart from the book was a hair band. This was inspired by Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I'm not sure how I feel about this because I don't actually use hair bands, it is a pretty design and I may just wear it at the gym but I'm not sure. My heads quite big so it may not actually fit.

Now onto the good item in the box, the book! It was Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye. This book has been appearing on my good reads feed and on my Facebook group a lot more and it's actually been enticing me so it's quite nice to actually get a book I want in a box. The cover looks so pretty and I love the colour of the sprayed edges as it is like a pale lavender. It makes me want to dye my hair that colour again. My review for this book will be up shortly as I am just starting it the day I wrote the review.
written by Sammie
Check out Sammie's review of Circle of Shadows 



No comments:

Post a Comment