Tuesday 22 January 2019

FairyLoot - December 2018 

Theme: Dragons

Items: 
  • Reading Journal by Fictiontea Designs and Blanca Montiel
  • Pin Flag by FairyLoot
  • Glow in the Dark Dragon Necklace by FairyLoot
  • Book Sleeve by Sweet Sequels
  • Storm Crows by Kalyn Josephson
  • Mother of Dragons Magnetic Bookmark Set by Taratjah
  • Artwork by Diana Worak
  • Fire and Heist by Sarah Beth Durst
  • Trading Cards
Review: 
This box theme was Dragons which instantly had me hooked. I bought this box so fast, especially since I knew it would contain Game of Thrones themed items.

The first item to talk about is the reading journal. This I love this so much because it means I can take my planning away from excel and instead make it pretty. I’ll probably by the June box just to get the next journal. I’m making great use of it so far and it is really well designed.

The next item is the pin flag. I do quite like this, at the moment it is still plain as I await for some badges to start adding on, it’s the shame the box didn’t come with one to get things started. But once I do, I’ll add it to my bookcase, it’s better than putting badges on my old book sleeve. 

A very interesting item was the necklace, I haven’t received a necklace in a box before so it did make a welcomed change. The necklace is a dragon that can glow in the dark and even though it doesn’t match my outfits, I still love it and have worn it on night outs.

I also really loved the book sleeve in this box as it was so much more pretty than the first one I got. This one is a design inspired by Harry Potter, it just looks so pretty and look forward to using it soon. I won’t start to neglect the old book sleeve though.

This box had two books. The first book was an advanced reading copy of Storm Crows, the cover for this book is quite pretty and I like the vibe of this book a lot more than the main book. I also like seeing two smaller books for a change as I read too many long books.

Another item in the box was meant to be magnetic game of thrones inspired bookmarks but they were forgotten. However, FairyLoot realised this mistake before the box was delivered and already sorted sending them out and I received them the other day, not too long after receiving the box. Now that I have them I think they’re are great. Very useful and good to use.

As always the box contained some art but this time I quite liked one side of the drawings was Toothless from How to Train a Dragon. I decided to display that side on my wall next to my bed as he’s such a pretty dragon.

FairyLoot had decided to start trading cards in the boxes, the info card didn’t provide me with info about who the characters were but I think when other book characters enter the mix I’ll start to like the cards concepts and it’ll be cool to swap with Sammie when she gets cards in boxes I didn’t get and vice versa. So it’s a good concept just not a fan of the current characters.

Finally the main book was Fire and Heist, the cover of this book I agree with Sammie that it isn’t very appealing and in a bookshop I wouldn’t have picked it up. However hopefully the story is better than the cover.

Overall, I do love this box and it’s definitely one of my favourites. I’m going to say 4.5 just because of the trading cards and the delay of the necklace.

Rating: 4.5 runes out of 5
written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment