Sunday 2 December 2018

FairyLoot - October 2018

Theme: Beautiful Deceptions

Items: 
  • Aelin Candle by Nerd Poured Candles
  • Faerie Deck of Cards by Emily Haynes and Fiction Tea Designs
  • Deceptive Queen Socks by FairyLoot
  • Stories Keychain by KDP Letters
  • Mourners Beanie by Fiction Tea Designs
  • Wren's Secrets Tea by The Tea Leaf Company
  • Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
  • Poppy War Bookmark
  • Grisha Pin Badges Set
  • Sawkill Girls Postcard
Review: 
For some reason I didn't order this book when it was released, I had all intentions to and I was really looking forward to the book but I'm not sure what happened. But anyways thankfully when people started getting their boxes I realised I hadn't actually ordered a box as I went on FairyLoot's website and noticed they still had some in for single purchase, the only downside was that it would get shipped with November's box. Which turned out great as I've ended up with both boxes at once.

I'd already seen people unboxing this box so I knew I'd like it straight away. The first item I will talk about is the aelin candle, it smells quite nice but not as citrusy as I was expecting I like the little touch of blue glitter on the top, I thought it made it look a lot nicer. The item was based on Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Mass which I haven't got round to reading yet, but I do intent to read one of her series at some point. 

The next item was faerie deck of cards based on Cruel Prince by Holly Black. These had a really nice design in them with a beetle in the front and then a few of the cards had characters on them based from the book. I haven't personally read this book before and I don't intent to. I will use these cards as they add a touch more excitement. 
Then this is possibly my joint favourite item, it was the Deceptive Queen socks, based on the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I loved the design and the colour of them and they feel quite soft so I expect them to feel nice on your feet. But I will soon find out, I was in need of some socks, so they will definitely come in handy. I also have this series on my TBR pile and has been for the past year, I will get round to reading this series next year hopefully.

The next item that was in the box was a key ring it was a stories key ring brought to us by KDP letters, it is a nice design and I love the tassel that sets it off. The quote is pretty fitting too, the only downside of this item is that it is quite chunky and heavy, so I possibly won't be using it for my everyday keys, maybe I will just put it on a bag or something, I haven't decided yet.

Then this is the other favourite item, it is a Six of Crows beanie, I didn't realise I would actually need another beanie until this box came, I ended up losing my Rattle the Stars beanie in a taxi coming home from night shift one week. It is quite tight on my head but it does keep my head a lot warmer than the last beanie, plus it isn't itchy.


There was Grisha badges in this box, they are quite nice and I love the vibrant colours. 

The final item that was in the box other than the book was Wren's secrets tea inspired by beautiful deceptive characters. I have tasted it and I really enjoy it, it makes me relax, so I may try this blend again if I can find it. It is peppermint with green tea.

The book was called The Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan. The cover was beautiful, and the pink sprayed pages were definitely fitting for the book. I have already read this book so you should be able to see my review up on the blog. I wanted this box because I have read her other work before and I really enjoyed it. 



written by Sammie





No comments:

Post a Comment