Friday 28 September 2018

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, book 3)

By Jenny Han

Blurb: 
And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

Review: 
I started this book straight after P.S. I Still Love You, so I was in quite the mood to see what happened in the next chapter of Lara Jean and Peters relationship.

The first scene of this book is when they are both at a party after the lacrosse game with their friends. Lara Jean is deeply in love with Peter at this moment she can't keep her eyes off him and sneaking glances at him.

The main part of this story is them graduating from High School and going to college. They come across several issues and like many couples try and figure a way to overcome their problems.

Lara Jean experiences disappointment with her college applications and Peter isn't supportive of her, which I find quite annoying because I expected him too. Lara Jean gets upset quite a lot about this.

Lara Jean tries to support Peter with his problems with his father but he seems to not want any help or talk about things which starts to push them apart. 

Their relationship throughout the book seems to have several ups and downs like many relationships do in high school years. There is a few things that happen that annoy me which I thought they could have sorted out, but when you read it I'm sure you will understand what I mean.

I also understand how Margot feels when she comes home and finds out her fathers relationship. I think if I came home and found out that I would also react the same.

When reading through the book there was nothing that I really disliked I found all of it to be like real life and the emotions of the characters felt quite true. The only thing that annoyed me is how Peter's mother told Lara Jean what to do about their relationship, I totally disagree with parents getting involved in their child's relationships unless when it's necessary. 

The ending of the book was quite good to be honest and it felt like the characters had actually grown up and that they were moving on the correct way. I really hope that there is another book to follow because I want to know what happens when they both go to college, I expect if there is a 4th book it will be from both of the point of views.

I'd 100% recommend this book if you are into romance and want to read about what it feel like during real life events. Have some tissues at hand too because it can get emotional at times.


Favourite Characters: Lara Jean

Read: 19/09/18 - 24/09/18


5 stars out of 5



written by Sammie



No comments:

Post a Comment