Friday 3 August 2018

The Gender War (The Gender Game Series, book 4)

By Bella Forrest


Blurb: 
Continue Violet and Viggo's journey in the ELECTRIFYING fourth book of The Gender Game series!

Review: 
The ending of book 3 was another cliff hanger, but book 4 started right where it ended. Viggo was in a jail cell and Violet was being kept captive by the Queen. They both get rescued by an unexpected person, where they go on another adventure into the green to try and escape and get to Patrus to save the King, where they come across another problem.

I read this after reading a great book so I expected myself in a way to not enjoy this book. But it's now got to the stage in the series where I can no longer read it because I'm really not enjoying it. I got 63% of the way through and decided that was much as I was capable of reading. I could guess the ending too, another cliff hanger. Someone will need to let know if it was.

The book itself was quite good, but it was repeating itself again. They get captured, then they escape into the green, come across another problem, solve the problem then rescue more people. It just felt too repetitive it needed something different to happen for once which would make it more exciting.

I personally think if you don't like things being done repetitive then it is best not to read this series. Or if you don't really mind repetitive books then go ahead and read this series. I won't be finishing this book or this series anytime soon, and I'm not too sure if I would even attempt to try and finish them. This is the first book/series that I haven't finished in my life but I think I've got to the point now where I'm really not enjoying it, I can give up and read something better.

So overall, what I have read I would rate this book 2 stars and I don't think I have a favourite character anymore because I am no longer enjoying the series. Lauren; the other blogger, will be getting round to reading the series at some point so look forward to reading her reviews of the full series.

2 stars out of 5
                                                                                                                                    written by Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment