Tuesday 14 August 2018

The Boy Without a Heart (Defragmenting Daniel, book 3)

By Jason Werbeloff


Blurb: 
Time is running out for Daniel…

This third and final installment of Defragmenting Daniel will skin you alive and stitch you back together.

Autumn Beckett makes Daniel’s search for his missing liver and amygdala more treacherous than he could have imagined. Meanwhile, cracks form in his fragile alliance with Margaret, as he struggles to contain the android’s insatiable bloodlust.

To be truly whole again, Daniel must become more than the sum of his parts. But can he avoid falling to pieces in the process?

Slice into The Boy Without a Heart now. Your brain will never be the same again.

Review: 
This book started with quite a gruesome scene where Margaret ends up killing Bob abd Ben and taking the parts that they require for her, Daniel and Hal. Margaret isn't a clean killer and it is her first time as far as Daniel is aware. They are unaware that Kage was tracking them down before they even started taking the body parts which means they are quite pushed for time without knowing about it.

Daniel finally manages to get Archer to stop damaging the bodies and to clean up and leave, just as Kage is arriving in a different frequency so they can't see each other.

Kage is the first person to turn up to the crime scene and assess the situation. He reckons that Bob and Ben have only been dead a few minutes, so on instinct he steals arms and Ben's penis and leaves the crime scene.

All of these 3 main characters then get the body parts that they have acquired surgically added to their body. From this point onwards Daniel has to overcome a problem with Autumn, as he has fallen in love with her but she is the one who has his liver.

From this point onwards the book becomes very tense, there's a lot that happens that makes you have your mouth hang open.

Both Daniel and Kage's characteristics have developed quite a lot, and it's nice to see that they are actually quite similar to one another. Daniel is still trying to get his amygdala back from Kassandra who he realises is actually Kage. Daniel comes up with a plan with Hal on what will happen which you discover at the end of the book.

The details that actually go into the plan that Daniel and Hal have came up with is quite good, you don't actually get told all the details but when things start to unfold you realise they were actually part of the plan after it's already happened.

Since Kage has had Ben's penis put onto his body, he feels he needs to experiment with it before he goes to see Una. So this is really the only sex scene that I can remember from the whole book. There was a few partial sex scenes at Bob and Ben's gig but they were just more funny than anything. The sex scenes weren't too detailed which I found better and since there was generally less of them I generally enjoyed the book more.

Overall I'd recommend the whole series especially if you like suspense, thriller and you can put sex scenes to one side. I'm honestly quite glad that I ignored the sex scenes within the first book because I felt that the 2nd and 3rd book were a lot betteer written and now that I look back on book 1, I can laugh at the majority of sex scenes.

The ending of this book was also what I thought would happen but not in that way. But I really enjoyed the turn on it and I'd really like to know who that was in the dark in the end. Maybe if I read his other series they may linke and I may get to find out who it was.

Favourite Characters: Daniel and Kage

Read: 12/08/18

Reason's Behind Favourite Characters: I felt like both these characters were very similar so I could not say which one I preferred. Both of their personalities were really good and I could see them being friends together.


The reason I like Daniel is because he was thinking of others before himself and for the ending to end like that, it was really good. He got his wish of being whole again so he could follow his mothers path of having all seven body parts/organs together.

For Kage I just respected him, I felt that it was good to have a transgender character in the book, as it is happening a lot more. Or at least people are talking about it a lot more. So for the author to mention this subject I have total respect for him.

4 stars out of 5


written by Sammie


No comments:

Post a Comment