Wednesday 9 September 2020

Illumicrate - May 2020

Theme: Monstrous


Items: 
  • Chamber of Secrets Book Sleeve by @pauhami 
  • Monsters & Mythology Decal Set by @lioninthetrees
  • Mercado De La Muerte Hot Chocolate by @thetealeafcompany
  • Howl's Moving Castle Phone Stand by @fableandblack
  • The Witcher and his Bard Post-Its by @thousandwrecks
  • The Girl and the Stars by Mark Lawrence

Review: 
The theme for this box was Monstrous, which already sounded interesting enough. The factors that made me decide to get the box was that there was going to be a Howl’s Moving Castle item and a Witcher item. I never expected an anime to be represented in a book box. It was so exciting. Just like to apologise that I don’t have a group photo of all the items due to losing it on my old phone.

The first item was the booksleeve. I now have 3 bookshelves and will be getting more no doubt. I think 4 will be the max I’m willing to have and then I’ll start selling future ones (unless I like them better). I’m not bored of receiving them and I’ll keep any from fandoms that I love. This one was a Harry Potter inspired one. It was based on Chamber of Secrets with the Basilisk. It looks really cool and is obviously being kept.

The next item was a sticker set. I’ve not received stickers before, so I quite liked this. My younger self would have loved these, as a kid I use to collect stickers. They’re very cool stickers and they are already on my art wall.

It’s been a while since I received tea, coffee or hot chocolate, so it was nice to see some hot chocolate again. I can’t say it is my favourite, it’s not my usual plain taste. This hot chocolate is spiced, it kind of tastes like ginger. I can drink it, I’m just not in love with it as I hoped.

The Howl’s Moving Castle item was a wooden phone stand. It’s got a really cute design on it. I don’t really need a phone stand but instead I’m using it as an ornament on my bookcase and I still love it.

For The Witcher item it was post-it notes with the Witcher and the bard on it. I can almost hear the song, ‘toss a coin to your witcher’. It’s very pretty and I do hope when university starts back up that I can find a use for them.

The book this month was The Girl and the Stars by Mark Lawrence. This edition has black sprayed edges and is signed by the author. I love the gold on the cover, it’s got a nice minimalist design. The description of the book is quite vague, so I’m not sure of what to expect with it but I do still look forward to reading it one day.

To conclude, I think this box was great. I’m going to give it 4 stars just because I wasn’t a huge fan of the hot chocolate and the items were less useful to me.

Rating: 4 runes out of 5



Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment