Tuesday 16 June 2020

Illumicrate - Chain of Gold Special Edition

Items: 
  • Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare 
  • Bridge Through Time Triptych by @rosiethorns88
  • Mortal Instruments Blanket by @yoshiyoshitani
  • Clandestine Tea For One Set by @chattynora
  • Shadowhunters Playing Cards by @merwildandco and @chattynora
  • Foiled Print Duo by @arz28
  • Cortana Letter Opener by @fableandblack

Review: 

This was my first ever special edition box. When it was announced I knew I needed it because it’s Chain of Gold, the sequel to my all time favourite book series The Infernal Devices. I need more Shadowhunter goodies in my life. I was sold further when they announced there would be a blanket. I’ve always dreamt of a blanket being included in a book box. I had to use Sammie’s images as my phone broke which meant I lost the images and due to moving house all of the stuff is currently packed away.

The book itself was a naked hardback with a foiled cover. I love naked hardbacks. I just feel the designs look better than on dust jackets. The spine had a quote on it and the edges were sprayed orange to match the text colour. I did find the green and orange colour combination unexpected but it sort of makes sense as the original cover's focus point was leafs. It was also stamped with Cassandra Clare’s signature to add to my signed Shadowhunter novels. This book was exclusive and a first edition so it included the bonus content. I love this book, I’m glad the box was delayed because it meant I could read it on Kindle and not ruin the perfection of my book.

The first item I will discuss is the stained glass window item. This was so unique and beautiful. I can imagine the images looking so pretty with the sunlight shining on them. It features artwork of Tessa, Jem and Will from The Infernal Devices. It also includes a piece of Tessa and Jem set in the modern shadowhunter times. Which is just lovely.

The next item is my all time favourite item, the blanket. This has an orange leafy design inspired by Chain of Gold but includes all 3 of The Mortal Instruments. It’s very pretty and very soft. I do prefer bigger blankets but due to it being in a small box I can forgive the size. It’s very comfy and does it’s job well to keep me warm at night.

I would say the most unexpected item that came out of a book box was the teapot that I got in this box. This teapot is a single cup teapot that slots together to complete the pretty design. I feel it is very fitting to the book. I just never imagined a fancy teapot in a box before. I don’t drink tea but I do want it on display in the kitchen and if it won’t ruin it, I may try brewing some hot chocolate in it from time to time.

Then in the box was Shadowhunter playing cards which had designs based on a range of characters The Infernal Devices and Chain of Gold. I love playing cards and I didn’t actually own any at the time of receiving the box, so I’m more than happy. I look forward to using these on holiday whenever that may be.

This box also included foil artwork. I’m not a big fan of artwork but because the box was so packed, I really can’t complain. I do appreciate art from fandoms I enjoy. When I move I want a wall of artwork so these lovely prints will be added to that. One art is the characters from The Infernal Devices, the other is their children the main characters of Chain of Gold.


The final item is also a very cool item. This was a Cortana letter opener. I love the design of it and it feels like a little mini sword. I’m rubbish at opening letters, so this will definitely fix this problem. I can’t wait to give it a go. Also if you didn’t want to use it, it would still be a great decorative items.

Overall, I absolutely loved this box. The extra price was well worth it. I’ve never been more impressed by a book box. I loved it so much. I hope to get more special edition boxes in the future.

Rating: 5 runes out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment