Sunday 8 March 2020

Book Box Club - February 2020

Theme: Roses are Red


Items: 
  • The Upside of Falling by Alex Light  
  • Couples Mug by Ink and Wonder
  • Clubhouse Invite
  • Chocolate Brownie Mug Mix by Bakein
  • Rose Scrunchie by Lady Sarah Collections
  • Love Letters Notepad by Kimcarlika
  • Just Me & My Book Tote by Book Box Club

Review: 
I am currently subscribed to Illumicrate and I didn’t feel like I wanted Illumicrate’s February box. So instead I skipped a month and got Book Box Club’s as I prefered how the book sounded. I knew either way it was going to be a romance.

The book was The Upside of Falling by Alex Light. It is about a couple that fake a relationship and end up falling for each other for real. It will be a while until I actually read it and review it. It has a pretty blue cover and matching bookplate. It also came with a recipe card for something called Jelly Bells. I enjoy baking, so it’s fun having bookish recipes to consider doing.

Next thing in the box was the clubhouse invite. This is an invitation to be in an online book group to discuss the book with other readers and the author. It does sound really cool. However, I still haven’t attended one of these due to being so behind on my reading list. Who knows maybe one day I will read a book as soon as I receive it.

The first item in the box was the mug. This mug had a beautiful design of loads of books and on the books were famous bookish couples. Such as Magnus and Alex and Peeta and Katniss. I do really like the design, the only flaw is the size. It is very small compared to mugs I usually receive in boxes or own in general. I do have some guests that prefer a smaller mug so we have been using it on them but for me personally it’s too small. 

The mug however is perfect size for the next item, the brownie mug mix. This was a brownie mix you can place in a mug and add butter and milk. Then you place it in the microwave and you’ve got yourself a brownie in a mug. It didn’t look delicious and I used a bigger mug unaware that the box mug would be the right size. However, it tasted beautiful. I’d happily have more of these. It was really simple and tasted great.

Then I got the roses scrunchie. I have never owned a scrunchie before, I think they’re pretty though. I just never bothered to buy one, didn’t think they were very me. However, I thought I’d give it a go when I wore the right outfit. Basically one with green or red in it. I tried it and I loved it. It just made my ponytail look fuller. I was worried it would make it look thinner due to not having long hair. I’d happily wear it again.

Then I got a notepad. It’s one where you can rip the paper off, I like those types. I actually needed one as well because it won’t be long until the one I’m currently using will run out. Now I have more ready for it. It’s a pretty design and a nice size, a bit smaller than my current one but it’s big enough. So far I’ve used it to map out the family trees of Chain of Gold. As I got so confused on who’s kid is who’s. 

The final item was a bookish tote bag. I like the tote bag, I now have a big collection of them. I’m still not tired of them though, so keep them coming. I do like it when there are other styles of bags too though. I just seem to always find a use for a tote bag.

Overall, I really liked this box. I think my only issue with Book Box Club that prevents me giving 5 star ratings is that the books don’t have anything special done to them like sprayed edges for example. Also when you compare them to the other companies like FairyLoot and Illumicrate they do have slightly less items. But I respect they are smaller and slightly cheaper company and I do like getting it every now and then when I fancy a break from Illumicrate or FairyLoot.


Rating: 4.5 runes out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment