Sunday 11 August 2019

Magic Chest Crate - July 2019

Theme: Have Hope


Items: 
  • The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson with bookplate and letter  
  • Sailor Moon Enamel Pin
  • Game of Thrones Badge
  • Avatar Aang Lipbalm
  • Malec Candle by Bookish Burns
  • Lord of the Rings Bookmark by Catarina Book Designs

Review: 
This Magic Chest is my first and last. Magic Chest Crate aren’t making anymore boxes but even if they did I wouldn’t buy one again. They aren’t worth the money. The July theme was Have Hope. I wanted it because it said it would include items from Shadowhunters, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. I was expecting to love this box but instead I was just completely disappointed. 

The book in this box was The Storm Crown by Kalyn Josephson. The book came with a signed bookplate and authors letter. This book came out in early July so it is a new release. I happen to have an arc of the book from FairyLoot’s December box. I’m not mad about that though as it is a new release and it can’t be helped to get a book you own sometimes. I am mad about the items though.

First item is the Sailor Moon pin, this wasn’t a specified fandom and this only makes me mad as I didn’t get a Harry Potter item (more about this later). The pin is pretty and a nice addition to my collection.

I then got another pin this one inspired by Game of Thrones that says ‘Not Today!’ on it. Again adds to my collection. The Avatar item was a lip balm. I do like the taste of the lip balm but I feel like it was exceptionally small. I feel like all the items were small. The Lord of the Rings item was a bookmark with a pretty design and quote. I do like it.

As to why I didn’t get a Harry Potter item it is because the candle in the box could either be a Harry Potter one or a Shadowhunters one. I got the Shadowhunters one. For the amount of stuff in this box and when fandoms are specified, I’d expect an item from each fandom. I do like the candle as it was very pretty and sparkly but I just don’t feel like there was enough things.


That was all the items; a bookmark, 2 pins, a candle and a book. I paid a lot of money for this box and definitely don’t think these items match up to the price of the box. It’s really bad and disappointing. When I look at the previous boxes I got through FairyLoot and Book Box Club, I feel like I get my more than my money’s worth with them. Book Box Club isn’t as filled as FairyLoot but the items are good and satisfying. When you think of the individual items worth then it does add up more than the box. But Magic Chest is not worth my money.


Rating: 1 rune out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment