Wednesday 28 August 2019

Illumicrate - August 2019

Theme: Armed and Dangerous


Items: 
  • The Stone's Throw Mug by @rosiethorns88  
  • Sister Apple's Surprise Liquid Soap by Lovely Skincare
  • Humanity Bottle Opener by Dust and Pages
  • Weapons Bag by Chatty Nora
  • Legendary Swords Cutlery Set by Hey Atlas Creative
  • Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir with House Trading Cards
  • Collectible Coin by Monolime

Review: 
Armed and Dangerous is my first Illumicrate box and I am so happy with it, it really impressed me. The theme sounded really good and the items were some of my favourites I’ve ever received in any book box.

The first item I came across was the mug. This mug is inspired by A Darker Shade of Magic and even though I haven’t read it, I found the mug so pretty. I already have the book on my to read list, so I’ll appreciate it even more in the future. I do love the design, although I don’t use mugs that much as I’m not a fan of hot drinks, so my sister will make more use of it than me.

Next is the soap, this is a shower gel styled soap of a lovely shade of green. It is inspired by Red Sister, which again is already on my to read list. My skin is very sensitive so I won’t be using it but it smells good so my mam will use it for her holidays.

The bottle opener really impressed me. I love the design of it and I will definitely make use of it. It is inspired by the book Scythe, which is pretty obvious in the design. I love how it looks like a scythe. It just really stood out for me in the box.

My favourite of all book boxes items is the bag. Usually, in these boxes if you get a bag it’s usually a tote bag but this box included an actual bag. The bag is yellow with little wands on it, must be Harry Potter inspired or wizards in general. I love it, it’s going to be my new everyday bag. 

This box also included a cutlery set. I believe this to be the item inspired by The Dark Artifices based on the box design. The cutlery came in a nice box which will be very useful if I need to take them anywhere. In the meantime, I will just use them when eating at home. The set itself wasn’t designed in anyway unlike the August July FairyLoot box that also had a cutlery set. However, I still like them.

The box also had trading cards about the different houses of the featured book and a little magnet for A Darker Shades of Magic. I like these, and have the magnet on the fridge.

The book in this box is Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir. The book is signed by the author with an exclusive designed page which is really pretty drawing of a sword. There is also black sprayed edges that suit the book and look really good. I think it sounds like my cup of tea, so when I eventually get round to it I’ll leave a review.

I would give this box an easy 5 stars. I love it, it was definitely worth my money and will get more from them after my book box search.


Rating: 5 rune out of 5
Written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment