Thursday 7 February 2019

FairyLoot - January 2019

Theme: Unbreakable Bonds


Items:
  • Raven Crew Cushion Cover by Monolimeart and KDP Letters
  • Will & Jem Candle by Geeky Clean
  • Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate by The Tea Leaf Co
  • Fellowship Friendship Woodmark by Ink and Wonder Designs
  • Lip Balm by Book and Nook
  • Dregs Hair Band by Fiction Tea Designs
  • Tarot Trading Cards by FairyLoot
  • Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
Review: 
The theme for this box was Unbreakable Bonds, I was initially very excited for this box because it comes with a cushion cover, which I’ve always wanted. However, overall I did find this box disappointing. I think I personally would have enjoyed the box more if the pillow was the Infernal Devices item as that was the book theme I was most excited for and it ended up being the candle. 

The cushion cover was a quote from the book The Raven Boys, which I haven’t heard of before. It does look fairly nice, but I’m waiting to get a cushion to see how well it looks. I also appreciate how it is double sided.  I do also like how FairyLoot specified the size of the cushion though, that was very convenient.

The candle was the Infernal Devices item, it is a pretty a candle and it does smell great. It was quite a manly smell which is suitable for the theme of the candle.

My favourite item in the box has to be the hot chocolate. I haven’t read The Remnant, the book it’s based on but the drink tastes amazing. It was salted caramel flavoured which was a lovely twist, by far the best item in the box.

The Lord of the Rings item was also something I was really looking forward to and again ended up being disappointing. It was a bookmark, a very pretty one I’ll add but just not as good of item that it should have been for the namesake. 


Then the box came with a lip balm. This was the Three Dark Crown items which is already on my to read pile. I quite liked this, I always need a new lip balm and it does taste oddly nice. I believe it was violet and mint flavoured but you can taste the different flavours at different times.

The hair band I didn’t like, I didn’t like the design and I can’t picture myself having much use for it. I sometimes wear them when on holiday to stop my head from burning but that’s probably it’s only use. Definitely not my cup of tea.

The trading cards was A Court of Thorns again but the next box, they’re gonna start changing the book. Personally I think every month it should be a different fandom, rather than doing a few of the same one before changing it. Just think it allows every fandom to have more enjoyment out of them.

The book was Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye and it does look pretty and definitely sounds interesting so I don’t think that will be a disappointment, hopefully. I also didn't  realise the pages were sprayed.

I’ve decided to skip the February box and have bought the March 3 year anniversary box so I’m hoping that one will be extra special as it was good last year. 

Rating: 3 runes out of 5
written by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment