Tuesday 29 May 2018

FairyLoot - March Box

FairyLoot - March 2018 Box

Theme: Memorable Moments


Items:
  • Cork Bunting by Paladone
  • Rune Ceremony Scarf by Fiction Tea
  • Goblet of Fire Candle by Paper Flames Candle Co
  • Bilbo's Birthday Cake Vegan Soap by Geeky Clean
  • Toast to the Warden of The North Hot Chocolate by Eponine
  • Belles Button and Bookmark
  • State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury

Review: 
Let's start with the theme: Memorable Moments. It's quite a loose theme but it turned out to be a great theme! Basically, it's items based on the most popular YA books, which explains why the boxes sold out so fast. This is why I loved the theme because I knew the items were all from books that I read, which is a good start. 

Once I opened the box, the first thing I saw was the Cork Bunting. This was quite a surprise to me and I never would have guessed to find that in my box. I haven't got round to decorating yet, I plan to cover it in book quotes and hanging it on my bookcase. I never thought of buying Cork Bunting; but now that I have it, I'm so excited to decorate it and make my bookcase look really cute.

Eventhough, I haven't decorated mine yet, my friend had. She used it for her Wedding. It was covered in photos of her pets and was very cute, so I don't doubt it's quality.
**UPDATE BELOW

My favourite item was the Rune scarf. I absolutely love it and wear it at any excuse I get. It's a really nice thin material and it is covered in Runes from The Mortal Instruments and other Shadowhunting series by Cassandra Clare. It's no surprise that I would love it so much due to the Shadowhunting novels being my favourite series.

The candle was probably the only item I disliked. This candle was based on the Harry Potter books, in particular book 4: The Goblet of Fire. It was somewhat pretty but not the best, quite disapointing. The thing I disliked the most about the candle was the scent. It was labelled as 'Fresh Bread and Chocolate' but when I used it all I got was burnt bread, it wasn't too pleasing. Luckily, the candle didn't last long.

The Lord of the Rings was represented with a cute soap. The memory was Bilbo Baggins birthday, so it was the cake. This soap looked very pretty and smelt amazing. The scent was vanilla and strawberry cake and that is exactly what I could smell. A strong delight. 

The hot chocolate in the box I didn't hate but didn't particularly love either. It was Game of Thrones themed, well Song of Ice and Fire if you want to get specific. It was to represent when Jon Snow became the Warden of the North. Although what happens after that is a lot more rememberable... 

Anyway, I did try it and it was okay in taste. Although you must make it the milky way and not just hot water because then it's disgusting. Learnt that the hard way. I think I'm just picky because I'm a big hot chocolate drinker, so I've experienced a lot better.

The candle and hot chocolate were vegan and eventhough I'm not vegan, I do appreciate them trying to make the goodies suitable for everyone to enjoy. It's a nice subtle effort they put into every box.

The next two items were tiny bonus items, they were a button and bookmark for The Belles book series. It was really just to advertise the book and it did it's job as now it's on my to read pile. 

Now for the book. The March box book was State of Sorrow by Melina Salisbury. The exclusivity of the book was that it was a unique hardback which can't be bought anywhere else. It is a very pretty looking book. I haven't got round to reading the book yet but my friend did. She didn't particularly enjoy as she found it quite slow. I do plan to still read it myself as I've read more books than her in that style of writing of unnecessary descriptive. Once I've read it, I'll post the review don't worry. 

I have met the Author though, that was a fun experience. I went to a book signing of hers and now my FairyLoot exclusive book looks even better as its signed. Melinda was very funny in person and it was good to hear her explain her book and writing style which is why I think I'll like it more than my friend. It was also fun spotting people who got the FairyLoot box, managed to spot them by their scarf's!

I've had a couple of FairyLoot's so far and this one has by far been the best! I look forward to getting more when I can and look forward to the goodies, I'll recieve. I love it mainly because of the Scarf. Nevertheless, I still found it worth my money.

Rating: 4 runes out of 5 













Check out my review of State of Sorrows (not out tbc)
Check out my August FairyLoot review
written by Lauren
**UPDATE
I have now decorated my buntingw ith quotes from books and hung it on my bookcase. To see a peak of it, check out the August FairyLoot review.

No comments:

Post a Comment